Students3k provides Mini projects in C and C++. This students project contains full source code download and user manual too. Download this mini project for free of cost. and make use of it.
Project Introduction :
This is a ‘SSE’ application. SSE stands for Simple Search Engine. It is a simple application that can be used to search within text file on a system.
Application Platform : GNU/Linux
Development Platform : Red Hat Linux
Programming Language : C++
Libraries used : C++ Standard Library
Following is a summary of the requirements from the Requirements specification.
1. Keyword Search: Search for a given keyword and return the set of documents containing the keyword. Rank the query results based on how frequently the keyword has appeared in the documents.
2. Case-insensitivity: Keyword searches should be case insensitive.
3. Logical operators: Define logical operators AND and OR that can be used to compose a complex query.
4. Phrase matching: Phrases that are enclosed in quotes should match exactly.
5. Stemming: An asterisk (*) at the end of a keyword should match all endings of the word.
6. The result of a query should be a set of path names ordered in descending order of the number of occurrences of the keywords.
USEFUL LINK : Placement Papers